Medical Section | "Our focus is on providing all clients with care tailored to their unique circumstances and needs."
The Berkeley Free Clinic provides limited acute primary care. Services are provided by volunteer lay health workers trained at the Berkeley Free Clinic with volunteer medical professionals.
We can provide services for:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)* testing
- Gynecological services*
- Hepatitis A, B, and C*
- Colds, sore throats, and some coughs
- Simple rashes and skin concerns
- Minor wounds and burns
- TB testing
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing
- Tetanus boosters (not Tdap)
- Flu shots
- Limited ear problems
We cannot provide services for:
- Life threatening or serious illnesses or injuries
- Long-term illness like diabetes
- Any concern that has lasted more than three months
- Physicals or general checkups
- Concerns located on the face, hands, or feet
- Prescriptions or refills
- Eye concerns
All services without an asterisk(*) are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of every week from 7pm - 9pm. Please call in for a same-day appointment starting at 5:45pm (or 5:30pm for clients who identify as being homeless).
The clinic only accepts same-day appointments for services Monday through Friday, so clients should call (510-548-2570) starting at 5:45PM (5:30 for homeless clients) to schedule an appointment on the day that they would like one.