Monday through Saturday the Peer Counseling Collective provides free, confidential peer counseling for individuals.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Believe in health care for people, not for profit!
- Want to be part of a collective where there is no hierarchy and all decisions are made collectively
- Are ready to explore issues of oppression and life challenges in a non-judgmental way
- Are from all different backgrounds and have a range of experiences
- Are eager to develop new skills and learn about yourself in the process
- Commit to attending all classes and completing all training requirements
- Can make a one-year commitment after completion of the training, which includes being a peer-counselor AND being an active collective member