We do our best to provide comprehensive information on local resources, including location, hours, and cost if any. Besides the links below, you can always call for assistance during our phone hours.
Please note: Referrals may not reflect the most current information, due to recent changes. Please contact the resources before you go to make sure you have the right hours, location, etc. We are continually updating our referrals and we appreciate your patience!
General Bay Area Resources
- Bay Area Wikidot Resources
Contains updated referral information, updated by the Information Resource Collective
- SF Free Print Shop
Contains nine downloadable charts to help find free food, shelter, medical aid, & help with neighborhood problems (SF only).
- Haight Ashbury Clinics
Offers primary care, substance abuse services, HIV testing, geriatric care, and women's health services.
- Berkeley Information Network
Resources in the city of Berkeley.
- Alameda County Health Department
Information for patients and families about services at ACMC hospitals and health centers, clinic hours, maps, public transit and driving directions, and how to contact us for an appointment.
- Lifelong Clinics
Health and social services to underserved people of all ages. Assistance with determining eligibility for low- to no-cost medical, vision and dental coverage programs in the Bay Area.
- Suitcase Clinic
- SF Free Clinic
- SF Department of Public Health Clinics
- Berkeley Public Health Clinic
Information line for food, housing, employment, healthcare, counseling, and more
General Health Information
A searchable database of consumer health information from the US government.
- Medline Plus
National Library of Medicine's searchable database. Also contains drug information, medical dictionary and medical encyclopedia.
- Centers for Disease Control
Updated health bulletins and information for travelers.
Harm Reduction/Safe Drug Use
- Harm Reduction Coalition
Nonprofit organization committed to reducing drug-related harm through local community education.
- Drug Help
- Push Harm Reduction
- Drug Policy Alliance (formerly Lindesmith Drug Policy Foundation)
Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Options Recovery Services
- BAART Programs BAART Programs, a brand of BayMark Health Services, is a multi-site, multi-service organization providing opioid use disorder treatment and rehabilitation for patients across the country.
- Cherry Hill Detox
Medical, vocational, mental health services to underserved members of the community with hepatitis C, HIV, addiction and other serious medical conditions
- American Liver Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control: Hepatitis A-to-E
- Hepatitis Central
- UCSF's HIV Insite
- California HIV/AIDS Hotline
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation HIV/AIDS Referral Database
Women's Health Information
- Planned Parenthood
Offers information and services regarding women's health, birth control, abortion, emergency contraception, STDs, pregnancy and parenting. Also in Spanish.
- Family PACT
A program that provides no-cost family planning services to low-income men and women, including teens.
- Sex Workers Education Network
Offers information about sex worker rights.