HepTev | "We believe in providing client-centered care to all people."
The Berkeley Free Clinic offers TB skin tests, also known as the PPD test.
We see clients in the order that they call and make an appointment. We do not always have the capacity to see all of the people who want a TB test so you may need to try to make an appointment more than once - call early!
What is involved in a TB skin test?
This test is simple, fast, and easy! We inject a small quantity of test liquid (tuberculin) just below the skin of one of your forearms. Then you will need to return 48-72 hours later so that we can "read" your forearm to find out the result of the test. You will automatically get a follow-up appointment so that we can "read" your results on the appropriate day.
This is particularly important if the test is given on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
- If the test is given on Thursday, you need to return for a follow-up appointment on Sunday.
- If the test is given on Friday, you need to return for a follow-up appointment on Monday.
- If the test is given on Saturday, you need to return for a follow-up appointment on Monday.
Please make sure that you can attend the follow-up appointment or you will need to restart the test process!
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5:45pm - 9pm, call at 5:45 for a same-day appointments (5:30pm for homeless clients).
- Every Saturday from 3pm - 5pm, call for a same-day appointment at 1pm.
- The 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 5:45pm - 9pm, call at 5:45 for a same-day appointment (5:30pm for homeless clients)..