Saturday Services | "We believe that trans-inclusivity is critical to improving clients' experiences with medical care."
ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH, SATURDAY SERVICES SECTION WILL NOT BE OFFERING ANY SYMPTOMATIC APPOINTMENTS. We apologize for the inconvenience.
On Saturdays, the Berkeley Free Clinic provides STI testing, pregnancy tests, urinary tract infection testing, and gynecological/urogenital services for women, trans, and gender non-conforming persons and any other persons who are not cisgender men (cisgender men are persons who were assigned male at birth and currently identify as male).
Services that do require gynecological and/or pelvic examinations are only available Saturdays from 11AM - 2PM for drop-in clients. (We do not accept appointments in advance). These are examples of services that require gynecological and/or pelvic examinations:
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or trichomoniasis testing and treatment for persons with symptoms*
- Bacterial vaginosis and/or yeast testing and treatment for persons with symptoms*
Please note that we have limited capacity to see symptomatic appointments. You are encouraged to call the clinic ahead of time (Thursday or Friday) to make sure there will be availability the following Saturday. You are also encouraged to arrive early, as we see symptomatic clients within our scope on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Services that do not require gynecological and/or pelvic examinations are available Saturdays from 11am - 2pm for drop-in clients. These are examples of services that do not require gynecological/pelvic examinations:
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, or trichomoniasis testing for persons without symptoms
- Pregnancy tests
*Symptoms of chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis can include:
- genital discharge
- pain when urinating
- itching, burning, or swollen genitals
- small red bumps or blisters on genitals
- pain during sex
- unusual cramping
The Berkeley Free Clinic provides STI/HIV testing on other days of the week as well. For more information, please look at our STI+HIV Testing page.
Other Acute Medical Concerns
The clinic also provides acute medical care for ailments and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) services to persons do not require gynecological and/or pelvic examinations on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays every week from 7pm - 9pm. Please call at 5:45pm to make a same day appointment. For more information please look at our Acute Medical Care page.
In the case that you are seeking services that do require pelvic examinations on a day other than a Saturday, we recommend that you try the following resources:
- There are multiple Planned Parenthood locations in the Bay Area—you can search by city or zipcode, and schedule an appointment online.
- Planned Parenthood El Cerrito: 510-527-5806.
- Planned Parenthood West Oakland: 510-300-3800
- Women's Community Clinic: 415-379-7800
- Ann Chandler Public Health Clinic: 510-981-5350
- Women's Options Center SF General: 415-206-3409
- Lyon-Martin: 415-565-7667
- SF City Clinic: 415-487-5552